The Calumet Region Striders is a group of people joined together by a common interest in running.
All of us are dedicated to the promotion of every aspect of road racing and fun running. We are running for
health, fitness, camaraderie and the pure enjoyment of our sport.
We realize that each individual runs for his own personal reasons: for some, it is hard work, training,
discipline and dedication - a way of life. For others, it is simply a form of recreation.
No matter why YOU run, we think you will enjoy being part of this club.
The club is made up of every level of runner, ranging from those who have just discovered the joys of the
roads to experienced runners who have been with the sport for years and have gained many running accomplishment.
You will be welcomed by everyone. Bring your listening ears when you come to a meeting.
Runners love to tell stories about how great they are!
The benefits of joining:
- Monthly Instep sent to your home loaded with information on races, running articles, tips & quotes
- Invitations to running & non-running social events to get to know other runners in your area
- We have weekly group runs in both Lake & Porter County in several different locations & times
- Our club has several certified RRCA coaches
- All Striders become members of the RRCA
- Children have the option of running with the Junior Striders team age 0-18
- We have a Youth Program for our Junior Striders in the Spring & Fall (AAU meets) and Junior Striders who qualify can to as a Team to Nationals
- We have running groups in July & August that meet for speed training
- If you join the Gold Cup Race Series, in addition to benefits of Strider Membership, you receive discounts on all Gold Cup races
- We have a Gold Cup Series banquet in January and there is no charge to attend and everyone who completes 10 races in the series receives a trophy according to personal scores they earn over the running season